Giving back to our community is central to who we are as an organization, and we feel honored that so many worthwhile charitable causes and events look to Commonwealth Properties for support each year. In fact, we receive such an overwhelming number of requests that it’s simply not possible to accommodate all of them, even though we’d love to do so.
In order to make the request process fair for everyone, we ask that each organization review a few guidelines before applying for a donation. Unfortunately, we will not be able to consider any request that does not fit all of these guidelines:
· All donation requests must be submitted on-line. Written and phone requests are not accepted.
· The online donation form must be filled out completely in order for your request to be considered.
· Your organization must be located in the state of Minnesota.
· Your organization must not have received a donation from any Commonwealth organization during the current calendar year. An organization is eligible to receive only one donation item per year.
· Your request for a donation item must be submitted via the online donation form and must be received by us at least six (6) weeks prior to the day your organization needs the item.
· Your non-profit organization must have 501(c)(3) tax exempt status. You must enter your organization's valid Tax Exempt ID number on the online form in order for your request to be considered. (If you are a business sponsoring a charitable event, please ask a member of the charity to complete the donation request form).
Due to the large volume of requests received, there are no exceptions to the above guidelines. It’s important to keep in mind thatsubmitting an online request — even one that fits all the criteria — does not guarantee your organization will receive a donation. We wish we could help each organization every year, but again, it’s simply not possible. We ask that you do not call or email the organization to follow up on your request. If your request has been approved, a donation item will typically be sent sent four weeks prior to the date your organization needs the item.
Thank you for helping us keep this process fair for everyone, and thank you for considering Commonwealth Properties as a contributor. We’re proud to be part of this community, and we want to wish you the very best with your charitable and fundraising efforts.